You recycle at home and hopefully at your workplace, but what happens when you’re at an event in your community? Have you ever been left with an empty soda can in your hand, wondering where to recycle it? Event planners have a lot to organize; vendors, parking, food, volunteers, set up, clean up, etc. Unfortunately, recycling sometimes slips off the list.
We can help!
The ACUA can loan "Clear Stream” event recycling containers to your organization for your next event.
• Clear Stream containers are easy to transport and set up
• Receptacles AND bags can be provided at no cost
• Clear Stream containers have a restricted opening and clear bag - easy for people to
use and understand
Call us at 609-272-6950, or email to arrange for event recycling containers!
To borrow the containers, you will be asked to provide information about the event, and who will be responsible for picking up and returning the containers. This information is essential for helping us to track our supply of Clear Stream containers. No deposit required, however, if the containers are not returned, you will be charged for the cost of the container.
Click here for a printable form.
Some additional tips for recycling success at public events:
• Place a recycling container NEXT TO EVERY trash container
• Recycling containers should be clearly marked so people can distinguish them from
trash containers. A restricted opening helps!
• Designate volunteers or staff to check and empty recycling containers during and after
the event. Educate volunteers and ask them to check for contamination
Encourage vendors and organizers to "think green"
• Ask food vendors to consider alternatives to styrofoam. Even though paper plates
should not be recycled (due to food contamination), they are biodegradable and better
for the environment!
• Many companies sell promotional products made from recycled products - choose
giveaways with an environmental benefit or message.
• Promote the use of reusable bags instead of plastic
• Use recycled paper for flyers and print materials
• Promote your event electronically - spread the work using the web and social media!