New Jersey Clean Cities will sponsor a one-day workshop titled, "The Compelling Case for Natural Gas Vehicles (NGV)," on Thursday, July 12, 2012. The conference will be held at the National Conference Center at the Holiday Inn of East Windsor, New Jersey and will run from 8:15 - 4:00 pm.
The conference will be lead by Stephe Yborra, Director of Market Analysis, Education and Communications for the Clean Vehicle Education Foundation.
Click here to download a conference flyer.
The one-day workshop will focus on both public and private fleets, and topics will include:
• Why We’re Here: Economic, environmental and national energy security market drivers are prompting the move to compressed natural gas (CNG)- and liquefied natural gas (LNG)-powered vehicles.
• NGVs 101: Overview of natural gas and NGV basics.
• Best Bets: Which fleet/vehicle applications are the best candidates for successful NGV programs and why.
• Wheels: Available light-, medium- and heavy-duty NGVs and the sales-service channels that support them.
• Fill’er Up: Fuel station design, development, ownership and operations options for fleets of all sizes.
• Dollars and “Sense”: A review of NGV program economics including how to calculate fuel costs, simple payback and life-cycle savings.
• Been There - Done That: NGV fleet operators share experiences and tips.
• OPM: Identifying and securing available tax incentives and grants (“other people’s money”), which further improve NGV economics.
• Next Steps: Tips on how you can implement a successful NGV program.
The program includes an optional end-of-day site visit to a nearby CNG station
Registration Fee: $55 (until 7/10/12) $65 (after 7/10/12) Please visit http://www.cleanvehicle.org/workshop/Trenton.shtml to register. Covers course materials, continental breakfast, lunch, refreshment breaks and facility tour transportation.