Grow your own healthy, organic produce at ACUA's GEO Community
Garden located at our Environmental Park!
- Rent a space for only $15 a season.
- Greenhouse access, water, basic tools and garden beds filled
with ACUA’s EcoSoil are provided.
- You do not need to be an experienced gardener – interest and
commitment to maintain your part of the garden are all you need!
- Educational programs are offered to gardeners and the public
during the summer season.
- The garden is located next to our playground, picnic area and
Poetry Trail, which offers a peaceful setting to garden.
Educational Programs in the Garden
Educational Programs hosted by the Atlantic County Master Gardeners will be held in our garden (in inclement weather they will be moved indoors) at 6 p.m. on the following dates:
Seeds, Soil and Getting Set Up
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Early Spring Planting and Protection
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Transplanting Warm-Weather Crops and Making Compost
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Direct Seeding in the Garden and Insect Control
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Watching and Watering for Disease Control
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Saving Seeds, Harvesting and Preserving
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Cover Crops and Cleaning Up Your Garden
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Preparing for Winter and Getting a Jump on Spring
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Follow our Pinterest Board on gardening!