Thank you for your interest in ACUA’s Community Garden! Please fill out the form below, or if you prefer, download and print a mail-in form.
Community Garden Guidelines:
1. The garden is open during daylight hours. A passkey will be issued upon registration/payment. The passkey will allow access to the facility on weekends and must be returned at the end of the season.
2. Each gardener must complete an Application and sign a Release of all Claims form before any work in the garden can begin. A plot fee of $15 is due by May 2, 2017. This fee is non-refundable. Payment options explained on next page.
3. No smoking, drinking, or illegal drug activity can take place in the garden. Pets must be leashed and children must be supervised.
4. Gardeners may only use the plot assigned to them, and they may not alter the dimensions of the plot. Plan to tend your plot 2 to 3 times per week. It is the gardeners’ responsibility to notify the coordinator if he or she is not able to care for their plot. Gardeners are responsible for watering, weeding, harvesting to maintain their plot and adjacent pathways. Plants that extend into neighboring plots or common areas must be trimmed, and trellised plants may not shade neighboring beds. You will receive a warning if your bed appears untended or is overrun by weeds. After one week of the warning, if no action is taken, your bed may be reassigned.
6. A limited number of tools will be made available. You are welcome to bring your own tools. Limited storage is available in a shared shed. Please label your tools/supplies.
7. All gardeners will grow organically. Gardeners must check with the garden committee before applying any fertilizer, pesticide, herbicide, or rodenticide - even if labeled “organic”.
8. Do not plant perennial or invasive plants.
9. Gardeners will promptly harvest ripe produce. If unharvested, produce may be picked and donated after an attempt to contact gardener.
10. At the end of the growing season, gardeners are responsible for clearing their plot of all plant and non-plant material (fencing, string, etc.). If your garden bed is not cleared by November 1, 2017, you could lose your gardening privileges for the following season.
11. Our garden’s success depends on gardeners’ involvement. Work parties and garden meetings are planned throughout the season. Please plan to attend to get to know your fellow gardeners and to help with garden upkeep and special projects.
12. Problems, questions or concerns should be promptly communicated to the garden committee.
Please use common courtesy, be considerate of your neighbors and ENJOY!
Contact Information: All gardeners are required to share their phone number and email address with the garden leaders. In addition, a gardener phone and email list is shared with all gardeners:
Photos: From time to time, gardeners, garden coordinators or the media may take photos in the garden.
Release of all claims: I am a participant in the ACUA’s GEO Community Garden. As a condition of being allowed to participate in the Community Garden, I agree to the following:
1. I am duly aware of the risks and hazards that may arise through participation in the ACUA GEO Community Garden, and assume any expenses and liabilities I incur in the event of an accident, illness or other incapacity. If I have had any questions about the ACUA GEO Community Garden, its nature, risks or hazards, I have contacted the garden coordinator and discussed those questions with him or her to my satisfaction.
2. In consideration of being granted the opportunity to participate in the ACUA GEO Community Garden, I, for myself, my executors, administrators, agents and assigns do hereby release and forever discharge the ACUA, Garden Coordinator, volunteers, other gardeners, and the cooperating landowner from all claims of damages, demands, and any actions whatsoever, including those based on negligence, in any manner arising out of my participation in this activity. I understand that this Release means that, among other things, I am giving up my right to sue for any such losses, damages, injury or costs that I may incur.
I represent and certify that my true age is either 18 years old or, if I am under 18 years old on this date, my parent or legal guardian has read and signed this form.
Gardener Partner Name (optional):
Partner Phone Number: